Saturday 4 October 2014

14 days in Spain 2014 : Day 1

Day 1:  Finally landed in Madrid after a 30 something hours of traveling, not a good start as learned my checked in luggage was left in Hong Kong and won’t have access to it for 4 days (how will survive without my clothes for 4 days!  Checked in the Guadalajara hotel (home for the next week),  made calls to coordinate things only to find out the schedule had changed for the nth time, but good thrilling news that one of my favourite teams & former Olympic champions: Argentina had confirmed participation !  Finally met my co – organisers : Juan Lasso and the dependable coordinator Sussana . Finally met Estonia head of delegation:  Mr  Kuhi who I’ve been negotiating for months now. My Kuhi was pleased how everything has ended up and was delighted with the opponents lined up for him , especially Argentina. Did initial inspection of the arena ( the venue I’ve been planning things around for months),  the coaching staff from Gilas  assigned to scout one of the teams , arrived met all contact coach Josh and Spanish coach Naxcio.   We ended up watching the 1st game togther between Senegal and Estonia.   Then got a taste of real authentic Spanish food at the plaza in town.  Great time conversing about basketball and life in Spain.  Great 1s way to end 1st day

No comments:

Post a Comment